Badam Kheer Recipe | How to Make Badam Kheer | Festive Recipe
Badam Kheer Recipe - It is a popular and delicious north indian dessert made with milk and smoothly grounded almonds.
Ingredients for Badam Kheer
- 1 litre full fat milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp condensed milk
- 2 cardamoms powdered
- chopped pistachios of garnishing
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 10 strands of saffron
How to cook the recipe
- Soak almonds in water for an hour. Drain the water after an hour and soak them in hot water for 5 minutes. Peel off the skin from the almonds and grind them into a rough paste.
- Boil milk in a deep non-stick pan. Let it simmer on low to medium flame for about 15 minutes, such that the milk reduces to about 3/4th volume.
- Add the almond paste and boil the milk for another 15 minutes. Depending on how thick you like the kheer, you can boil it for another 10 minutes or so.
- Add the condensed milk and sugar and stir well. Add cardamom powder . Stir again and take it off heat.
- Let it cool down and then you can transfer it to a serving bowl and keep in the fridge to chill.
- Serve it chilled with almonds and saffron garnishing.