It is a very easy vegetable stir fry recipe. This Avarakkai poriyal recipe can be made using fresh avarakkai(Broadbeans). It is a very simple preparation combined with onions, urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
Its such an easy to make stir fry recipe. Tastes great with sambar rice, kuzhambu and also with rasam and plain rice.It can also be a perfect kids lunch box recipe. Try making this simple and healthy avarakkai poriyal recipe.
For more sidedish recipe
How to Make Avarakkai Poriyal Recipe
Ingredients for Avarakkai Poriyal
- 1 cup avarakkai
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- few curry leaves
- 2 Red chillies
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp coconut fresh
How to cook the recipe
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter. Add urad dal ,curry leaves ,dry red chili and stir fry for 10-20 seconds or until turns slightly light brown.
- Add chopped onion. Sauté until onion turns pink.
- Add avarakkai (broad beans),add salt to taste and 1/4 cup water.cover and cook until soft and tender.
- Add grated coconut.Mix well and cook for a minute
- Turn off flame and transfer it to a serving bowl. Tempting avarakkai poriyal is ready.
- Serve avarakkai poriyal with rice.