Aval/Poha upma recipe is best and healthy breakfast or an evening snack. It is an easy to cook popular and nutrition snacks. This aval upma recipe can be served hot with coconut chutney or ketchup. It mainly includes flattened rice, roasted peanut, onion and green chilli.
For more recipe
How to make Aval Upma Recipes | Breakfast Recipes | Poha Recipes | Batata Poha Recipe
Ingredients for Aval Upma
- 1 cup aval/Poha
- 1 finally chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chilli
- Roasted Peanuts
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Few Curry leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
How to cook the recipe
- Wash the aval/poha in water for 2-3 times and strain the water and keep a side.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, and allow them to splutter.
- Add chopped onions, curry leafs, green chilies and roasted peanuts.
- Saute the onions till they are golden brown in color and add salt to taste, turmeric powder and mix well, and add aval poha.
- Saute the poha for about 5 minutes and turn off the stove, add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve the aval/poha upma is ready.