Learn how to make soft puttu using flattened rice flakes. Aval puttu is very easy to make. This version of poha puttu tastes better than normal puttu. It tastes so yummy and so soft. There are so many varities of Puttu. This will be a perfect and healthy snack for kids too.
Enjoy making this sweet flattened rice and celebrate this upcoming south indian festival – karthigai deepam.
For more festival recipes
How to Make Red Aval Puttu Recipe | Poha Puttu Recipe | Festival Sweets Recipe | Gokulashtami Recipe
Learn how to make soft puttu using flattened rice flakes. Aval puttu is very easy to make. This version of poha puttu tastes better than normal puttu.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 3 people
Ingredients for Aval Puttu
- 1 cup Aval
- 3/4 cup Jaggery
- 3/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 2-3 tbsp ghee
- Cashew nut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
How to cook the recipe
- First dry roast the aval for 5 minutes, grind it in dry mixie as like rawa. Wash it and drain the water in a stainer, let it be wet. Check the aval after 10 minutes, whether it is soft.
- If it is hard then sprinkle 2 spoon of water and keep it for another 10 minutes.
- It will incorporate water and become soft and dry. Now put the jaggery in a bowl, add 1/2 cup of water and allow it to melt. Filter it to a pan and allow it to boil until 1 string consistency. Now add the aval, coconut and mix well.
- Cook in slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir it in between.
- In another pan add 1 tbsp ghee fry the nuts and add it to aval puttu, and add cardamom powder, 2 tbsp ghee and mix well. Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Your aval puttu is ready.
- Happy cooking.