Aval payasam is a delicious dessert recipe. This is one of the quick and easy payasam and also very delicious. This payasam is made using aval which makes it even more healthier. This is a perfect dish for any festivals or auspicious days. This can also be given to kids as evening snack.
For more kids recipes
How to Make Easy Aval Payasam Recipe with Jaggery | Poha Payasam Recipe | Atukula Payasam Recipe
Ingredients for Aval payasam
- 1/4 cup Rice Flakes
- 3 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup Grated Jaggery
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Roasted Cashewnuts
How to cook the recipe
- Heat a pan and roast aval/poha in it for around 5-7 minutes.
- After the poha/flattened rice is roasted, take it out in a bowl and let it cool down completely.
- Now, take the roasted poha and grind it for coarsely.
- Boil the jaggery with little water till it completely melts, Strain through fine mesh strainer.
- In a pan boil milk, add poha and cook for 2-3 minutes, reduce the flame, add melted jaggery. Mix gently and remove from fire.
- Add fried cashews, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Your aval/poha payasam is ready.
- Happy cooking.