Arisi Paruppu Sadam Recipe | Coimbatore style Recipe
Arisi Paruppu Sadam Recipe - It is a very simple recipe and requires very few ingredients. Boiled rice is usually used for making this rice.
Ingredients for Arisi Paruppu Sadam
- 1 cup Rice preferably parboiled rice like ponni
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 2/5 cups water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 onions. finely chopped
- 2 to matoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp hot Ghee for serving
How to cook the recipe
- Wash and soak the rice and the toor dal in water.
- Heat oil in a pan until hot. Add in the mustard seeds,and dried red chillies. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add in the onions and the cumin seeds paste and garlic paste and fry till the onions are soft and slowly starting to brown.
- Add in the finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, sambar powder, red chilli powder and salt. Fry well till the tomatoes are juiced down and mashed together.
- Add in the hot water to the pan. Strain the rice and dal and add it to the pan.
- Cook the rice in a pressure pan for 4 whistles on medium flame. Remove from heat.
- Serve hot!