Ambur Chicken Biryani recipe | How to Make Ambur biryani
Ambur Chicken Biryani - This ambur chicken biryani is totally different from traditional indian biryani recipes or hyderabadi biryani.This biryani is made with seeraga samba rice.Using Seeraga samba will enhance the taste and flavour.
Ingredients for Ambur Chicken Biryani
- 1 kg Chicken
- 500 ml Seeraga Samba Rice
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Whole spices
- Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom
- 3 Onion - thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 2 nos Green chili
- 3 nos Tomato - chopped
- salt for taste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tsp Chili powder
- 1 cup Hot water
- Juice of lemon
- 4 tbsp Curd
- Mint leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Dough for seal
How to cook the recipe
- Soak seeraga samba rice for 20 minutes.
- In a deep aluminum pot heat ghee, oil and add whole spices (cinnamon, clove, cardamom).
- Add onion and saute till it turns a brown color.
- Now add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili, tomato and saute for few minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well the masala.
- Add hot water, juice of 1 lemon, curd and mix well.
- Add mint leaves and coriander leaves. Close and cook for 10 minutes.
For Cooking the Rice:
- Boil the water add salt and soaked seeraga samba rice.
- Cook the rice until 3/4th done. Then strain it and keep aside.
- Add the rice to the chicken gravy and mix well. Spread the rice evenly.
- Finally, add ghee, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Seal the pot with dough. Dum cook for 25 minutes on medium flame.
- After 25 minutes turn off the stove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Ambur Biryani is ready.
- Serve hot with brinjal curry & raita.