Aloo Cheese Paratha is a bread dish originating from the region of Northern India. Aloo cheese parathas consist of unleavened dough stuffed with a mixture of mashed potato, cheese and spices, which is rolled out and cooked on a hot tawa with butter or ghee.
Aloo Cheese Paratha is usually served with butter, chutney, or Indian pickles in different parts of northern and western India. They are thick, heavy and rich. You can also pack it for lunch for your kids.
For more paratha recipes
- Aloo paratha
- Cheese paratha
How to Make Aloo Cheese Paratha Recipe | Cheese Stuffed Paratha Recipe
Ingredients for Aloo Cheese Paratha
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup of water or more to form dough
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped Coriander leaf
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp chat masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
How to cook the recipe
- In a large bowl add wheat flour, salt, oil and water and knead it to get a dough. Keep a side for about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes and peel them and mash them roughly. Add chopped cumin powder, coriander leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, and chaat masala powder.Mix till everything is well combined.
- Flatten the dough balls and place the potato mixture and a couple of teaspoons of cheese in the centre. Fold the flattened dough with the filling into a parcel. Flatten it again and roll it out.
- Roll out all the dough balls in the same way. Heat a tawa, place the rolled out paratha in the hot tawa.
- Flip the paratha once it is cooked on one side. Add some oil on the edges and cook on both sides till they turn golden.
- Serve the Aloo cheese Paratha hot.