Adai recipe | Adai Dosa | How to Make Adai Dosa
Adai Dosa - It is basically a combination of rice with different lentils all soaked together and ground to form a thick batter.The batter is later spiced up based on your preferred choice.
Servings: 3 people
Ingredients for Adai Dosa
- ½ cup rice soaked and drained
- ¼ cup split chana dal soaked and drained
- ¼ cup split toor dal soaked and drained
- ¼ cup split urad dal soaked and drained
- ¼ cup split moong dal soaked and drained
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1-2 dried red chilies
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1-2 green chilies finely chopped
- Oil for cooking
- Green chutney for serving
- Tomato ketchup for serving
How to cook the recipe
- Blend together chana dal, toor dal, urad dal, moong dal, rice, onions, red chilies, turmeric powder, salt and cumin seeds with water as required. Add ginger and blend to a smooth batter. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add green chilies and adjust the seasoning.
- Heat a non-stick tawa.
- Clean the surface .Pour a ladleful of the batter on it, spread evenly and cook till golden brown and crisp.
- Add some oil around the edges of the dosa, flip and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.