Aviyal is a dish which is believed to have been originated from south india and is common in kerala. It is a thick mixture of vegetables and coconut ,seasoned with coconut oil and curry leaves. Avial is considered an essential part of the sadya, the Keralite vegetarian feast .
For more recipes
How to make Sadya Aviyal Recipe | Aviyal Recipe
Ingredients for Aviyal Recipe
- 2 Potato
- 2 Brinjal
- 3 Carrot
- 1 bunch Green beans
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Curd / Yogurt to taste
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 4 Green chilli
- 2 small onion
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
How to cook the recipe
- Wash the vegetables potato, carrot, green beans, brinjal and cut lengthwise.
- Add vegetables to pressure cooker along with turmeric powder, and salt. Add 2-3 cup of water and mix well.
- Close the cooker and cook for 1-3 whistle on high flame.
- Wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- Now grind the grated coconut, green chilli, small onion and cumin seeds without adding water..
- Add this to the cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and add curd. Mix well.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan add mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté for 20 seconds.Add this to the cooked vegetable mixture.
- Aviyal is ready to serve.